Friday, November 26, 2010

Things That Make Q Rage #3

CHRISTMAS MUSIC

Now, don't get me too wrong - I'm not a total grinch. I just loathe X-mas music (and no, I don't care whether you say "Christmas" or "X-mas"). I dread it every year -  you know, when Thanksgiving is around the corner and all the stores start playing that terrible, intolerable crap for music. It's the same songs every year done over and over again, just by different artists who want to make their own X-mas album. NO, I don't want to hear Jingle Bells by 4 different artists! And it's even worse by the fact that no matter where you go, there it is... it's played in every store, every radio station - you name it, it's probably there... It's probably even in prisons and the worst slums of the world, too. I don't care that it's "tradition" to sing or play the same damn songs over and over - that doesn't excuse the fact that they're annoying as hell and repeated by every country artist on the face of the earth.  I know that they'll never go away, so I have to tolerate it. This is why I might be slightly irritable if you see me in public with no escape from that damned music.

2 comments:

  1. A lot of "Christmas" music isn't actually Christmas music. Examples: Winter Wonderland, Deck the Halls, Frosty the Snow Man, Jingle Bells (and similarly, Jingle Bell Rock), Auld Lang Syne... no mention of Christmas or Jesus or whatever. Even Home For The Holidays fails to actually mention a specific holiday.

    So if you're gonna rage at "Christmas" music, be aware that some of it is actually "holiday" or "winter" music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am aware - I hate all the music equally. When I said "Christmas" music, I meant all of the stuff you hear everywhere you go - regardless of whether it's actually related to any religion. So, yea, I hate "holiday" music then. :D

    ReplyDelete